Having a productive day starts by generally understanding the important goals you are working towards and blockers that will get in your way. This doesn’t start on a particular day but days, weeks, and months beforehand by doing a few things well. Try to avoid these habits from your life and stay positive and happy.
- Watching TV – Honestly, it’s just way too many commercials and there’s never anything on anyway. If you want to watch something then purchase it and watch it then, but I’d recommend a different and cheaper hobby anyway.
2. Paying Attention to the News - Somehow I have been able to get by without listening to the News in over 2 years and I am still always up to date on the newest events. Why? Because everyone talks about it anyway! The one thing I do not get any more, however, is the constant negative repeats.
3. Getting Drunk - Why would we poison our body with something that just makes us feel awful? There are way better things to do! That being said, good wine or glass of whiskey every once in a while is still amazing!
4. Listening to Negative People - In fact, I prefer to cut them out of my life entirely, but that’s up to you. I am honestly not willing to deal with that much negativity and fight it on top of everything else going on every single day. I do not blame people for being negative, nor do I judge them, but they are just not something I deem worth having in my life.
• Exception: Family Members at a limited time.
5. Diving into Insults - Yes, I am stupid. Yes, I am not the best coach. Yes, I do not know what I am talking about every time every place I go. Happy? Alright, then let me keep doing exactly what I have been doing and put you in #4. Have a great day!
6. Being Ashamed about Hobbies - I play Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, World of Warcraft, love Anime, and am a huge fan of board games. I enjoy most of these every week and will find the time to do them all. I never chose to enjoy them but I do. If you want to blame or judge me for that, go for it, it doesn’t change a thing though. I enjoy what I enjoy and I had no part in having it be like that, so I might as well commit to it!
7. Unintentionally spending Time - If I am going to enjoy some hobbies during a workday then that is my choice. There will be consequences, both positive and negative, to that choice and I am fully aware of them. But it is my life so I will live it the way I want to. The worst thing to do is having a “dirty high” as you do something you should not be doing and then feeling regretful or ashamed afterward. This is your life so you make the choices and have to bear the consequences; but there is no right or wrong choice as to how to spend your time, just something you want more or less.
8. Thinking I can do it Alone - I have a coach and will always have one, but I also have started confiding more in the people around me and learned to be more vulnerable with them. I do not have to burden myself with life all on my own. There are people out there that can help, you just need to let them know! Remember, we are all going through life, trying to live a happy one and many people would love to help you succeed so they can too. We are all, in a way, in this together.
9. Pretending - Whether it’s the dating world or the business one or on a personal side of things, I see no point in pretending to be something I’m not. It does you no good to fake who you are to a potential partner and often backfires if you try to do more in a business sense (although there’s a bit more to both). The rule of thumb is: If you hide nothing you never have anything to have to hide. (See #6).
10. Waiting for others to make the First Move - It’s honestly never worth it. If they do it you feel justified in waiting and if they don’t you miss out on something amazing that you could have started. Besides, many people would wish someone would just start something, so why can that not be you? Make the first step towards a better life, a date, a game night, a social event, a business, and everything else you want in life. It will do you well to be the one to be brave enough to be bold!
Have A great Life!
You may like : 7 Great Habits Followed By The Successful People